Guidance is published by the Department for Work and Pensions about support measures in place if you are employed and have Coronavirus symptoms.

You must tell your employer as soon as possible if you are showing signs of Coronavirus. Your employer will be able to inform you if you are covered by their sick leave policy. If you are, you may be asked to furnish them with an isolation note that proves you cannot work due to Coronavirus symptoms. You can get an isolation note from NHS 111 online in England, NHS inform in Scotland, NHS Direct in Wales and from the Public Health Agency in Northern Ireland.

If you cannot get sick pay from your employer, you may be eligible for Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) for every day you are in isolation. You must self isolate for at least 4 days to be eligible.

If someone in your household is showing symptoms of Coronavirus then you must stay at home. If you are able to work from home then you should do so. If this is not possible then you may be eligible for sick leave, special leave or SSP.

You may be eligible for Universal Credit if you cannot get Statutory Sick Pay and you can ask for an advance payment if you do not have enough money to live on whilst waiting for your payment.

Source: Department for Work & Pensions Wed, 13 May 2020 05:00:00 +0100